Saturday night was a good night, it was one of the few opportunities that I can go outside and hang with friends. It was a good night, I learn't many things and I saw many things. There were highs and lows, man Saturday night was a cold night.
If I can recollect....
Well it was 6pm and another day ended, and sadly I was very tired because the previous night I only slept a mere 5 hours, that was due to a grand old tour of Latrobe University's animal factory. I was expecting monkeys and chickens but like the ignorant red-neck supporters of George W Bush I was disappointed. But that "ain't"/ is not the story. No the real story begins after dinner. Well I was watching "The Wizard of OZ", it was a fascinating film about a young lady that explores an alternative universe where good urban planning and infrastructure spending were key government policies with gold-paved roads and good population control.
But I remembered that my good friend and comic book drawer for the Blog, Drew, invited me to hang and chill in his exalted presence. I readily agreed and despite the horrible weather I met the great man in the city. So we then went down to Brunswick St, as we walked down I met this most enlightened gentlemen. He wore sunglasses, had a Essendon Bombers jumper with all the badges and reminded me of a badger. So as the Drew man and I were walking down Brunswick St. to meet another group of friends with the Badger guy eerily walking half a metre behind us. So I decided to speak with this enlightened gentlemen to see his perspective of the world.
This is how the brief conversation went:
Altug: "Did the Bombers win this evening? It would be great if they did"
Badger man (in a kind of high pitched voice): "Yes, we won by something or other points"
Altug: "Wow, that is great to hear, who was best on ground?"
Badger man: "Number 27"
Altug: "Who is number 27?"
Badger man: "Essendon won"
Altug: "I see, so who was your favourite player that match?"
Badger man: "Kevin Sheedy"
Altug: "Uh....um...that was the former coach"
Badger man: "Hey you guys should try the new Coffee house, one block away from Johnston st. its great coffee and the girls, wow"
Altug: "Yippity, well um..."
A few minutes later...
Well I think I was interchanging between Drew man and Badger man would constantly jump in trying to advertise this dang coffee house, like it would be like..
Altug: "So Old Chap, how goes your week? Hopefully its been inspirational and fun!?"
Drew Man (in a cool Hugh Grant like welsh accent): "Well, its been..."
Enter Badger man: "The Coffee House is so great the ladies will hunt you down...you will end up getting married"
Altug: "Holly Molly! Where is this romantic house that serves coffee dear sir?
Badger man: "Well its a block away from Johnston St, it opened a week ago, fantastic coffee"
Altug: "Who is number 27 again?"
And then out of nowhere this enlightened Badger man declares that he must go to his home, Drew and I say goodbye but the Badger man disingenuously walks away without any acknowledgement of our passion waves goodbye.
But it was a good talk, despite the man mentioning this elusive Coffee house a good 17 times, I thought that perhaps he must own the Coffee house. Infact, the old chap and I began searching for this coffee house for a good 5 and a half minutes but something in me sensed that this place does not exist. But man it was cold and it was only the beginning of the night.
And who is the Essendon player with the number 27?
TO BE CONTINUED....
Tomorrow will bring part 2 to this belated story titled "Free Cranberry Juice (Part 2 of Rare Saturday night adventure)"
But I remembered that my good friend and comic book drawer for the Blog, Drew, invited me to hang and chill in his exalted presence. I readily agreed and despite the horrible weather I met the great man in the city. So we then went down to Brunswick St, as we walked down I met this most enlightened gentlemen. He wore sunglasses, had a Essendon Bombers jumper with all the badges and reminded me of a badger. So as the Drew man and I were walking down Brunswick St. to meet another group of friends with the Badger guy eerily walking half a metre behind us. So I decided to speak with this enlightened gentlemen to see his perspective of the world.
This is how the brief conversation went:
Altug: "Did the Bombers win this evening? It would be great if they did"
Badger man (in a kind of high pitched voice): "Yes, we won by something or other points"
Altug: "Wow, that is great to hear, who was best on ground?"
Badger man: "Number 27"
Altug: "Who is number 27?"
Badger man: "Essendon won"
Altug: "I see, so who was your favourite player that match?"
Badger man: "Kevin Sheedy"
Altug: "Uh....um...that was the former coach"
Badger man: "Hey you guys should try the new Coffee house, one block away from Johnston st. its great coffee and the girls, wow"
Altug: "Yippity, well um..."
A few minutes later...
Well I think I was interchanging between Drew man and Badger man would constantly jump in trying to advertise this dang coffee house, like it would be like..
Altug: "So Old Chap, how goes your week? Hopefully its been inspirational and fun!?"
Drew Man (in a cool Hugh Grant like welsh accent): "Well, its been..."
Enter Badger man: "The Coffee House is so great the ladies will hunt you down...you will end up getting married"
Altug: "Holly Molly! Where is this romantic house that serves coffee dear sir?
Badger man: "Well its a block away from Johnston St, it opened a week ago, fantastic coffee"
Altug: "Who is number 27 again?"
And then out of nowhere this enlightened Badger man declares that he must go to his home, Drew and I say goodbye but the Badger man disingenuously walks away without any acknowledgement of our passion waves goodbye.
But it was a good talk, despite the man mentioning this elusive Coffee house a good 17 times, I thought that perhaps he must own the Coffee house. Infact, the old chap and I began searching for this coffee house for a good 5 and a half minutes but something in me sensed that this place does not exist. But man it was cold and it was only the beginning of the night.
And who is the Essendon player with the number 27?
TO BE CONTINUED....
Tomorrow will bring part 2 to this belated story titled "Free Cranberry Juice (Part 2 of Rare Saturday night adventure)"


1 comment:
He was rather badger-like...
Post a Comment