Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yes...I am here!

Dear All,

I was informed by a friend of mine that the good community may think I am gone. In fact even at work people have been somewhat surprised to see me, as if I was Mel Gibson. The question I am often asked is "Where were you man!?" or "I thought you quit" or to a lesser extent...."I thought you were exiled from this planet" I think that this can only be cleared once and for all from this place.

Me....The Ghost who is always there

Well, I feel sometimes that I have a kind of supernatural experience there at the good ol' servo and my hope has always been that people would feel that welcoming presence whenever they come in when I am not around. The bad news is that I cannot be there as much as I like, but the good news is that I am there 4 times a week. I suppose that is just over the 50% pass standard. I come along to work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.

My Assurance to All..

Well what I usually say to all those concerned customers is that if I were to ever leave, which won't occur for a very very long time, I would tell them. Yes, the day that I ascend to the heavens, when my work is done I will carve a message in the sky for all to see that my time is over and my 4 most loyal customers shall write my tales and speak of many stories. I don't think that I could ever just go away and never say goodbye, it would be wrong and it would be good to have my own festival before I leave and perhaps a statue.

One of the Proposed Designs.
What say the world?
Well my friends the future is a path that no one can predict, but whenever in doubt there is a divine passage that offers comfort...it goes "Biddy Be Yum Buddy Yo Yo Be Yum Buddy Yo Biddy Biddy Be Yum Yo Biddy Biddy Bum Buddy Yo!"Hampton 3:16. But as I was saying folks, do not worry. I will be around for many a time to come I think and in any instance that I am not I will let everyone in the universe know. But the one thing that has been bugging me has been how to complete this phrase without adding the word queer....like I always say "You're Back....You're Here! You're..." Some suggestions have been "You're near" or even the much better "You're clear!" But I guess its all in the poetry. Many thanks again for your attention.

Yours Sincerely,

Altug Kayi


No comments: