Friday, August 22, 2008

In the spirit of the Olympics!

Hello All,




Over the past week, we as world citizens have seen the amazing specticle that is the Olympics of Chinese characteristics. The opening ceremony has been amazing, the drummers, the replacement little girl singer and even the various fireworks everywhere. I have to admit that I have learnt a few things from these grand Olympics, they have bought back some things that 10 years ago were totally uncool. Things like cool silk gowns, simultanous movements and undemocratic autocracy!
So as a result of learning from this interesting political paradigm I have censored any mention and reference to the free cranberry juice story. It has been neatly removed from the pages of history and not really remembered. If you try and google "Free Cranberry Juice" sadly this will not lead you to a story about Cranberry Juice, a night at the Spanish Club or even zany, incompetent taxi drivers.


Another thing that I learnt during this wonderful time of unquestioned celebration is that there are these really crappy olympic tazo things we have to give away. You know those plastic things with the olympics "heroes"? I have to say those things are so useless that even customers do not want them, I couldn't even pay them to take that stuff. I often think about the magnificient capacity of humankind to build and achieve great things and accolades, but these crappy deranged tazo things really condense this capacity to a thin, useless plastic coin with no worth.
I look at these different tazos and imagine in my mind the audacious and mind-numbing manufacturing process attached. I just think about those folks at the labour camps thinking, "$1 a day for this?" Perhaps a tazo revolution needs to occur to bring back respectability to tazos. I miss the good ol' days when good ol' POG was around, I had no idea what the hell it meant but slamming one of those things bought pride to the community. Whereas, you couldn't slam the crappy Olympic tazo things that we try and give out thats for sure.
Thats is why at the store there are atleast 2 whole boxes of that crap that cannot be moved and the saddest thing about the tazo stuff is that they are for free, nadda, zip. I believe that all angry citizens should go out there and protest at the slipping standards of the tazos in our society, there needs to be a stronger determination to expect better, more varied tazos. Outside of Michael Klim and Andrew Gaze, I had absolutley no idea who the hell the other 6 people were. One of them was some lady, the other was some other lady and another a random person from an unimportant sport.
But anyway, hopefully everyone has enjoyed watching the Olympics. I have to admit that I haven't really watched that much other than some of basketball, or to some the B-Ball. But folks have a good weekend, by the way isn't that Dodoni advertisment a little strange?
Yours Sincerely,
Altug Kayi

No comments: