As many of you may know, or may not know, I have been on a placment for the past 2 months for in order to adhere to my Social Work course's direct practice pratice requirements. Well its been fun I must say, F-U-N. My routine generally is to get there at exactly 9am sharp (I get there at 10:30am) and do research. When working for a lobbying organisation, you meet big important people with neutral emotions and strong committments to latte politics. With this, a student like your's truly would feel a little overwhelmed and also a little nervous. One particular occasion summed it up perfectly.
If I can recollect....................
It was a Tuesday morning at 11:30am, I thought it was a good time for a bit of a break, a kind of intermission between the researching and the writing and the schmizkahovan. But amazingly while in the kitchen I bumped into the Big Man of the Organization...THE "C-E-O" and out of sheer amazement I became a kind of soft donut with a whole lot of warm jam inside....so what I said sounded like it was coming from a donut.... here is an excerpt from that wonderful conversation, and I kid you not this was exactly how it occured:
Altug: HOLY MOLLY!! wow your Tony Nicholsen....
"The CEO": ...YES....and you are..?
Altug: I am Altug Kayi, student placement guy
CEO: Nice to meet you
Altug: I must say good work on that article of your's in the Age, very profound stuff indeed.
CEO: Did you read our submission on pension to the government?
Altug: Um....................y-es....Indeed...uh...it was quite good, good work...to you!
Altug: ............SO........................................................................... what do YOU do here?
Tony: Well naturally I direct the organisation in its policies and its overall direction.
Altug (seeming like the before described donut): Cool....I see....So what are you doing today?
Tony: Well direct the organisation, make contact with the government, etc.
Altug: W-O-W.....you are Cool
Tony: um...Yes......totalloo..
End of Recollection...
Yes, there you have it, I have to admit I was very nervous...I have sort of wondered about my adventures on placement and I think that I will hopefully meet many more people I could ask stupid questions to. But like I was always say in these unique times onward and upward! and Biddy! Many thanks for your kind attention, I shall be off to more placement adventures.
Kind Regards,
Altug Kayi
If I can recollect....................
It was a Tuesday morning at 11:30am, I thought it was a good time for a bit of a break, a kind of intermission between the researching and the writing and the schmizkahovan. But amazingly while in the kitchen I bumped into the Big Man of the Organization...THE "C-E-O" and out of sheer amazement I became a kind of soft donut with a whole lot of warm jam inside....so what I said sounded like it was coming from a donut.... here is an excerpt from that wonderful conversation, and I kid you not this was exactly how it occured:
Altug: HOLY MOLLY!! wow your Tony Nicholsen....
"The CEO": ...YES....and you are..?
Altug: I am Altug Kayi, student placement guy
CEO: Nice to meet you
Altug: I must say good work on that article of your's in the Age, very profound stuff indeed.
CEO: Did you read our submission on pension to the government?
Altug: Um....................y-es....Indeed...uh...it was quite good, good work...to you!
Altug: ............SO........................................................................... what do YOU do here?
Tony: Well naturally I direct the organisation in its policies and its overall direction.
Altug (seeming like the before described donut): Cool....I see....So what are you doing today?
Tony: Well direct the organisation, make contact with the government, etc.
Altug: W-O-W.....you are Cool
Tony: um...Yes......totalloo..
End of Recollection...
Yes, there you have it, I have to admit I was very nervous...I have sort of wondered about my adventures on placement and I think that I will hopefully meet many more people I could ask stupid questions to. But like I was always say in these unique times onward and upward! and Biddy! Many thanks for your kind attention, I shall be off to more placement adventures.
Kind Regards,
Altug Kayi
No comments:
Post a Comment