The most popular music these days, heard by the young people, belong to the hip-hop/"r n' (and for the coherent) b" genres. I have to say that I cannot turn on Video Hits these days without song after song where the storyline is bling bling, bitches and incoherency. But a most fascinating development has been that most songs that come from this genre these days have several different singers on the same track. The saddest thing is that I have never even heard of most of them...until I search them up on wikipedia because the curiosity was killing me! But anyway, each song would always be stated as: Title, Artist and so on. Here is an example of your typical hip hop song.
My 'itch..ho
By Bling feat. Idiot, Wacko, Mr.Mack and Rapist.
Directed by Timberland and that weird guy that hangs out with him
At first my view that it would have been somewhat useless at best and interference at worst to have someone in your song. It could potentially steal your thunder, like you may be singing a really great song about ghetto romance but the "feat" guy/s would take the complete attention away from that by constantly smacking the circular bottoms of some scantly-clad yet well tanned, ethnically mixed model of some kind. It could really make the song seem unnecessary. But over time as I have matured I have figured that "feat." could be a good thing, it may espouse all the great values of exploration and discovery.
If I can predict...
Tomorrow, that is Monday the 16th of June from 4pm, I will be making a cameo appearance at the Camberwell Servo, thats the one next to the train station. It will be my first time there but I figure that working at this different site for one day would bring new discoveries and different perspectives. I will embrace the hip-hop idea of featuring in someone else's song, I will make a kind of cameo appearance. Although it won't be with any bling bling. In my heart I know that making this journey will be worth the cameo there and the chance to see the place would be great.
End of Prediction...
Well I think it will be lots of fun working in a different site for a day, if you are in the area please come along and experience this place known as "Camberwell". I expect it to be fun, hopefully I can see those "Don't make Camberwell Station better" protests, those are interesting spectacles considering they have strong "celebrity" support of the drag queen guy and crappy pirate apple king. Wow.
Passionate Man.
But anyway, many thanks again for reading this piece I really appreciate you all giving your time to read these stories, and I hope you all have a good week!Yours Sincerely,
Altug Kayi

2 comments:
hahahaha love the analogy!
ohh 924 hits, soon to break the 1000 barrier, excellemto!
Post a Comment